American Welding Society Puget Sound Scholarship

University of Puget Sound is a university that Ive looked forward to attending for a long time. With its interdisciplinary programs and the unique aspect of a liberal arts focused degree in welding, it has easily become a university of my choice. However, financial constraints are becoming a crucial barrier in my aspirations to acquire an undergraduate degree from this university.

Welding has been my long-term passion since the time I was acquainted with the subject of engineering. It has been my desire to seek admission in a prestigious university where I will be allowed to study welding in a rigorous manner. Applying for the American Welding Society Scholarship is my attempt to be able to attain an education that would otherwise not be affordable by me. Additionally, I also feel that I have the required credentials to deserve one. My transcripts from high school that are attached bear testimony to my commitment to result and achieving my goals.

I have extensive extra curricular activities that reflect upon my interest in the liberal arts. I find the concept of entwining liberal arts with a technical expertise in welding a perfect combination as it would give me the opportunity to pursue my passion for arts while having a stable career in welding. I am an ardent believer that if one does what he she loves, then there is no way that he she will not succeed. And it is with strong conviction in this belief that I am opting for this program to build a brighter future for myself.

I plan to market myself in the welding industry after completing my undergraduate degree and then after gaining sufficient experience I plan work in the industry and putting into practice my skills. Having struggled in the past few years to make financial ends meet, I have developed an entrepreneurial streak within me. But I am also resolute that I should acquire the relevant knowledge, skills and experience before starting up something myself so that Im sure that I will be prepared for anything that comes my way.

With its rich history dating back to the First World War, American Welding Society has been taking a number of initiatives to assist the youth in attaining brighter futures. And it is therefore my belief that in every fairness I am an ideal candidate for this scholarship in terms of need as well as merit.

With every passing year, the competition in employment is increasing, and the number of people to be employed is increasing at a faster rate than the employment opportunities. Therefore I wish to safe guard my future by achieving a scholarship and pursuing my professional education in a field that I feel passionate about.

Thus by pursuing the undergraduate degree at the University of Puget Sound, I hope to attain good quality education, an exposure to the many fields available, and the knowledge and ability to excel in the line of profession I choose. I hope that in years to come I can also avail all the opportunities and do justice to my chosen field. But for all this to materialize and turn into a reality, I am highly hopeful of attaining the American Welding Society Scholarship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment