Shadow Program as a Technology Sales manager

A technology sales manager in a software industry is in charge of sales department and he or she is supposed to have a set target. The current vice president of sales in the software industry will not be available for one week and needs someone to shadow his position. The author of the paper is chosen to shadow the vice president and some qualifications are considered before the appointment is made.

Reasons or qualifications for the shadow program include firstly, the capacity to allocate and prioritize work. This is a basic requirement that will ensure that every sales representative is allocated enough sales work to promote the industry. As a technical sales manager, I am a good communicator in writing, in person and on the phone. A second attribute is good communication skills.

Communication is a very important element in sales career because it involves convincing people to buy your product. Good communication skills will help me to interact with a wide range of customers.

A third reason is that am enthusiastic, self motivated and ambitious sales person with the capacity to motivate other sales representatives in the software industry. My aim is to reach sales target that has been set by the industry. Fourthly, the knowledge about different software makes me to stand for the position of technical sales manager in place of the vice president. I have an interest of managing other people in the industry and the vice president finds me as the best choice for such position.

Benefits of the shadow program
As a technical sales manager, I hope for various benefits during that period of one week. First and paramount benefit of this position is to develop my skills as the sale manager. This will help me to venture into different fields of marketing where I will develop new relationships with companies, organizations and business entities. In addition, the desire to have more experience is another expectation from the software company.

Experience is the most important benefit of engaging in technical sales management position because it will help me to familiarize with different consultative sales methodology and other value based selling technicalities.  The importance of such position is to develop personal skills that will help me to get promoted in the industry. Within the period of one week, I would like to have excellent computer and project management skills. Problem solving is another area of interest that I hope to benefit in while stepping in for vice president of software industry. Through interaction with other senior managers and customers, I will develop the skill of handling problems in the industry.

Once the period of one week has expired, I should have gone through different experiences and events. This will help me to acquire knowledge about the sales position and have the capacity to offer important information to the vice president that will help him to promote the business. One important offer to the vice president is that, he should drive and facilitate sales in many parts of the country. The manager should expand the industry through opening other branches in different countries that will help to increase sales hence high profits. As a shadow employee, I would encourage the vice president to maintain strong client relationships already inexistence. This will help the business in the aspect of competitive advantage.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment