I personally feel that the information technology has done a lot towards the betterment of human beings. Without the development of information technology, it would have been difficult and expensive to establish communication between each other from remote places all over the world.  Some claim that these technological advances such as the internet and cellular phones are a boon to society and humankind, yet there are some detractors who say that it is has simplified life at the cost of some complicated matters. I believe that the rapid development in information technology have created several opportunities in the area of research for those who are willing to invest time and effort in these fields.

Internet is one of the major achievements in the field of information technology and everyone would agree that it has greatly changed the way many things are done. The traditional algorithms, techniques and methodologies have been upgraded giving way to the latest, efficient and effective technologies which are constantly being updated with the help of internet. The internet enables everybody to access and share myriads of information without regulation or control and the speed with which the information are exchanged make it a potent medium for several benevolent purposes. At the same time it poses danger as a tool for cyber criminals and other malevolent folk.  I am very keen towards pursuing my research in the area of information security and assurance where I could contribute positively towards human kind by developing fool-proof information security solutions and techniques for future. This strong zeal has encouraged me to pursue my Ph.D in Information Technology at your esteemed institute with main focus towards the area of information security.

The initiative towards creating changes has always been an integral aspect of human being and the initiative is encouraged by hisher relative skills, competencies and interest. Human beings have engaged themselves in various efforts to create opportunities that will improve their capabilities and cater to the service of individuals. Amidst the attempts and difficulties in the process, hard work and determination remains to be a vital factor in attaining their desired objectives and purpose in life.  With these lines, I would like to take an opportunity to express my sheer intent to pursue my Ph.D Program in Information Technology (Information Security  Assurance).

As the world continues to change and the workplace becomes more and more challenging and competitive, it becomes imperative for anyone looking for a successful career to gain the extra knowledge, ability and expertise in a particular area. I am confident that the rich and diverse academic community at ------ University is the perfect place to hone my knowledge and prepare me for the challenges that lie ahead. I personally feel that a thorough research in the form of Ph.D program would enable me a brighter future too. I am interested towards pursuing my Ph.D in Information Security as I possess vast relevant professional experience, training and knowledge in the areas of Information Security.

I obtained my Masters Degree with major in Computer, Information and Network Security from George Washington University with a GPA of 3.77 out of 4 in the year 2008. It was during my graduation, when I got attached towards information security and I have obtained sufficient knowledge in relevant areas over the years which would be helpful to me in while pursuing my Ph.D in Information security.

During my professional career, I have trained myself in various fields which includes a comprehensive capstone course too. During these studies, I gained a proficiency in setting up and performing operations of an enterprise in computing and networking environments. These not only challenged me to learn about the design, setup and configuration, but also taught me how to secure the infrastructure and integration of several services. The main focus was laid towards technologies such as open-source and commercial products, firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), authentication systems, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), advanced routing mechanisms (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS), highly redundant and robust networking.

I am working on the following areas pertaining to information security. I am responsible for the security implementation involving design and implementation of information security policies. I provide periodic reporting on information security to the top management and I am responsible for design and implementation of Disaster Recovery plan. I have involved myself with tasks related to Auditing. I evaluate network architectures, network infrastructure and related hardwaresoftware. I have developed configurations for security vulnerabilities, assisted network engineers and application developers in creating secure systems and monitoring intranet, extranet, and internet systems for security threats. I have also worked towards design of security infrastructure (HWSW, policies, procedures) and performed intrusion detection monitoring.

I am confident that with the amount of experience and exposure I own towards information security, I can bring laurels and contribute successfully towards the program. I assure you that I would prove to be an asset of your university. I am also confident that with the amount of knowledge and experience I possess towards information security, I would be able to generate new concepts and techniques in the areas of information security towards developing a fool-proof data security system.

I am confident that the Ph.D. program at --- University would hone my knowledge in the areas of information security guide me towards developing state-of-the-art technologies for the future. I would be happy to transform the results out of my Ph.D program to contribute positively towards human kind by developing fool-proof information security solutions and techniques for future. In the process, I too would gain sufficient knowledge in the areas of information security and would become an expert in the area. The academic knowledge gained coupled with my professional experience would enable me to efficiently transfer my knowledge to the next generation in evolving the latest technologies.

I would be really grateful to you and the institution, if I get an opportunity to pursue my Ph.D. in Information security at your esteemed institution and I assure you that I would work hard to prove my capabilities, talents, enthusiasm and sheer interest in the program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment